Answer ID 4706
How does the SHIELD TV app connect to my SHIELD TV?
The SHIELD TV app communicates using IP instructions over your local (Wi-Fi) network.
I don’t see my SHIELD TV when I scan using the app.
Verify the following:
- Make sure your SHIELD TV app is updated to the latest version from the Google Play or iTunes stores. Version should be 1.0.0 or later.
- Verify your SHIELD TV device is updated to the latest version
- Settings -> About -> System upgrade
- Make sure your mobile device is on the same local network as your SHIELD TV.
- Check if you are on a “Guest” or Hotel network*
- Make sure your SHIELD TV is currently on and connected to the same network as your mobile device.
If you have verified all above steps, try the following:
- Restart your SHIELD TV and wait 2-3 minutes.
- Force close the SHIELD TV app on your mobile device.
- Open app and re-scan for available SHIELD TVs.
*Some Guest or Hotel networks do not permit scanning. Try “PAIR USING IP”
How do I find the IP address of my SHIELD?
Go to Settings > About > Status > IP address
Use the IPv4 address to pair with your mobile device. IPv4 addresses are displayed as a set of 4 numbers ranging between 0-255. (e.g. [0-255].[0-255].[0-255].[0-255])
The SHIELD TV app doesn’t remember my SHIELD?
If your SHIELD’s IP address changes frequently, you may be required to re-pair your SHIELD. Check your wireless router settings to see how IP addresses are refreshed. Setting your SHIELD TV to a specific IP address may resolve this issue.
The D-Pad does not work reliably while streaming on GeForce NOW.
The mousepad is the recommended input mode to use while streaming on GeForce NOW.
The mousepad does not work reliably on Android TV apps.
The D-Pad is the recommended input mode to use while navigating Android TV apps.
Can I adjust volume using my mobile device?
The volume control buttons on android devices can be used to adjust system volume. Volume control is not currently available on iOS devices.